Ericsson C5621gw and GPS support

Maksim Melnikau maxposedon at gmail.com
Mon May 12 06:49:56 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm having C5621gw modem in my thinkpad helix, and it works quite well
for internet. I tried to follow
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ericsson_F3507g_Mobile_Broadband_Module
and after sending commands AT*E2GPSCTL=1,1,1 to /dev/ttyACM1 and
AT*E2GPSNPD to /dev/ttyACM2 I could see nmea data.

So, I think it will be good to implement support of gps for this modem
in ModemManager. I would like to try, but need a help.

1. What is correct way to add support of GPS to ModemManager mdm plugin?
2. How AGPS feature could be added? (E.g. I would like to help gps get
fix faster, when internet is on)

Maksim