GPS compatible modems.

Marc Murphy marcmltd at marcm.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 12:54:41 PST 2014

Hello All,
I am really keen to use Modem Manager in my embedded platform because it's great for me to be able to swap out modems and still get a connection.

What I really need is reliable GPS as well.  All the cards I currently use don't seem to be supported for GPS.  So I'm asking for anyone who uses a mini PCIe modem card with GPS to supply the manufacturer and model so I can get some for testing.

I currently have;
Sierra Wireless MC8705
Sierra Wireless MC7710
Huawei EM820W

Even with using ModemManager 1.4 it can't use the GPS.

Would love to get something reliable.

Thanks
Marc