Request for blacklist addition

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Jul 2 08:35:06 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 14:23 +0200, Michal Majewicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The company I work for produces fiscal printers with USB CDC-ACM interface which show up as /dev/ttyACMx.
> As they aren't modems probing for QCDM gets in the way.
>
> We kindly request that our VendorId be blacklisted as we do not plan on producing/selling modems with this VendorId.
>
> Here are lines to add to 77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules:
>
> # POSNET POLSKA S.A. devices
> ATTRS{idVendor}=="1424", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"

Thanks!  I've pushed this to git master, mm-1-4, and mm-1-2 branches.

> Additionally, can You point me to proper path to get it backported to ModemManager versions used in stable releases of main Linux distros?

You'd file a bug in their bug trackers and request that the patches get
backported to the version of ModemManager that they ship.  The patches
will show up in the next ModemManager releases, but distros are
sometimes slow to pick those up.

Dan