Branch for review: 'riccardo/voice'

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jun 3 07:43:49 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Riccardo Vangelisti
<riccardo.vangelisti at sadel.it> wrote:
>>> broadband-modem: added voice call support
>>
>> I'm not sure just checking for ATH is a great indicator of voice
>> support; most devices I know of will support ATH, but almost none
>> actually support voice.  Possibly we need plugin-specific checks
>> instead?  For example I don't think most of the Huawei devices support
>> voice unless they return ^CVOICE: 1, but they will return OK from ATH.
>
> Ok nice question, we have discussed a bit me and Marco but there isn't an AT
> command that confirm the voice call support.
> Also there isn't a proprietary Huawei ones.
> Actually, if someone use a voice call method will receive an error on
> unsupported modules (for example on start method).
>
> Any ideas ?

Yeah, ATH is definitely not a good indicator. I'm not sure what to do
here if we cannot get a good generic AT-based way to detect this
support. Maybe we should just assume it does work and just fail if the
ATD call fails...

For Huawei, didn't the ^CVOICE: 1 check that Dan suggested work?

>>> api,voice: added DTMF interface specification
>>
>> How about "SendDtmf" and "DtmfReceived" instead?  Seems clearer to me.
>
> Aleksander what do you think ? If you agree, I will change it.

Yes, that is a good change.

>> Dan
>>
> All changes are pushed on bitbucket.

Didn't check, but did you push your new commits on a new branch based
on the one I created in the MM git repo? Or did the new ones go on top
of the original branch? (I would prefer the former)