Branch for review: 'riccardo/voice'

Riccardo Vangelisti riccardo.vangelisti at sadel.it
Wed Jun 3 09:09:37 PDT 2015

Il 03/06/2015 16:43, Aleksander Morgado ha scritto:
>>> I'm not sure just checking for ATH is a great indicator of voice
>>> support; most devices I know of will support ATH, but almost none
>>> actually support voice.  Possibly we need plugin-specific checks
>>> instead?  For example I don't think most of the Huawei devices support
>>> voice unless they return ^CVOICE: 1, but they will return OK from ATH.
>> Ok nice question, we have discussed a bit me and Marco but there isn't an AT
>> command that confirm the voice call support.
>> Also there isn't a proprietary Huawei ones.
>> Actually, if someone use a voice call method will receive an error on
>> unsupported modules (for example on start method).
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
> Yeah, ATH is definitely not a good indicator. I'm not sure what to do
> here if we cannot get a good generic AT-based way to detect this
> support. Maybe we should just assume it does work and just fail if the
> ATD call fails...
>
> For Huawei, didn't the ^CVOICE: 1 check that Dan suggested work?
This command is not mentioned in the AT command user guide (ME709).
However it doesn't work because it returns always ^CVOICE: (0) both on
ME709 (voice supported) and E3276 (voice non supported), and if you try
to set it always returns OK.
For example ofono doesn't check if voice is supported or not, it sends a
lot of AT's command and ignore replies.

>>> How about "SendDtmf" and "DtmfReceived" instead?  Seems clearer to me.
>> Aleksander what do you think ? If you agree, I will change it.
> Yes, that is a good change.
Ok we will change it tomorrow

>>> Dan
>>>
>> All changes are pushed on bitbucket.
> Didn't check, but did you push your new commits on a new branch based
> on the one I created in the MM git repo? Or did the new ones go on top
> of the original branch? (I would prefer the former)
Currently we use a new branch "voicecall" based on "riccardo/voice"