Sierra modem stopped working

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sat Jun 13 15:22:21 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Bernd Eggink <monoped at sudrala.de> wrote:
> When I tried to connect to my Sierra modem recently (after not using it for
> some weeks), it turned out that I can't get a connection, whatever I do. (I
> had updated some libraries in the meantime, but unfortunately I can't
> remember which.) Presently I have: ModemManager 1.4.8, libmbim 1.12.2,
> libqmi 1.12.6. The modem itself is OK, it works under windows.
>
> Output (not very helpful):
>
> successfully enabled the modem
> error: couldn't connect the modem:
> 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.libmbim.Error.Status.Failure: Failure'
>
> The debug output is attached. Could anybody have a look at it?

Hard to say. Looks like after the super helpful "Failure" error, the
modem loses all the connectivity (signal 99->0) and (lte->unknown) and
gets unregistered from the network, which prevents further connection
attempts...

May be a network issue? Although you said it works under other OS, so not sure.