Huawei E5786s-32a linux

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Mon May 18 15:08:15 PDT 2015

Am Montag, 18. Mai 2015, 22:27:12 schrieb Mindaugas Stankevičius:
> This device must work on linux, but still I do not know where can be the
> problem.
> Almost the same device (R226) router work with linunux with no problem,
> but it has different id and firmware:
> http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2242
>
> My device E5786s-32a  works in windows as router using usb without
> problems. Windows configures network adapter using dhcp.
> I compared logs from R226 from
> (http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2242)
> with my logs and found strange usb  errors:
> "** UNRECOGNIZED:" rows and modem identified as E398. Possible problems
> that modeswitch is not done properly.
> There is no errors in log from R226.

It nice that you found my statement at draisberghof.

But as  already mentioned there:  E5786 is not R226.

My version of E5786 (Telekom speedbox II) is completely unusable.
It doesn't work via USB and it doesn't provide IPv6.

Huawei/DeutscheTelekom have something changed in newer devices, so they don't
work under linux. (speedstick V is also unusable)

Because usb-modeswitch switches to the same IDs as Windows uses, I think it is
a kernel problem at linux.

You are free to fix it, or to provide usb-traces to linux-usb or linux-net-
mailing list.

I am to busy to do that at the moment.

ModemManager and NetworkManager are not responsible for that problem.

Regards,
Thomas