Could not grab port (usbmisc/cdc-wdm0): 'Cannot add port 'usbmisc/cdc-wdm0', unsupported'

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Apr 13 07:23:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:16 AM, Seethamsetty, Rakesh
<rakesh.seethamsetty at intel.com> wrote:
> Sorry I am new to modemmanger how can I enable the modem?
>
> I started ModemManager and then I gave command " mmcli -L" returned as 0 modems found., so where am I going wrong?

Oh, maybe you should've posted a longer debug log then, as there
should be some error somewhere else, if you didn't see any modem
listed.

> Before the above I did ifconfig wwan0 up and I can see the wwan0 interface.

You can forget about the WWAN completely for now, that is only
required once you have launched the connection through the control
port.