Configuring network on Sierra EM7455: Lenovo x260

Joshua Deare josh at compose.io
Wed Apr 20 17:06:27 UTC 2016

Thanks for the clarification there. I don't use NetworkManager, I've
had bad experiences in the past so I just use netctl for all my
things. But I found my issue. I was falling back to use the /24 net
prefix I'm used to on a typical home network rather that the /29
prefix. So I was calculating my broadcast address incorrectly.
Realizing this and changing to use the proper broadcast address got me
pinging out just great! I'll just script together something to scrape
the mmcli output and configure the iface. I know this isn't the
libmbim mailing list, but do you know if there would be interested in
a patch against the mbim-network script to allow for iface management?