d-link dwm 157 B1 - mbim

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 22:09:14 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-04-23 at 00:02 +0200, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> despite windows doesn't use the mbim-mode, I attached the usb-trace.
> (readable
> with wireshark).
>
> Maybe somebody sees the difference in what mm does different at the
> beginning
> compared to the dlink-dialer.
>
> The "SIM missing" -problem should be solved independent of the
> ppp/mbim-mode.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the device wants the radio
to be enabled before it'll talk to the SIM?  There are subscriber-
status indications in the pcap, and they are 0 (initializing) and 1
(initialized) but those only come after the RADIO_STATE->on request.
 Could you try turning on the radio state with "mbimcli -p" and then
request the subscriber status and see what you get?

Dan