d-link dwm 157 B1 - mbim

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sat Apr 23 20:07:43 UTC 2016

Am Freitag, 22. April 2016, 17:09:14 schrieb Dan Williams:
> On Sat, 2016-04-23 at 00:02 +0200, Thomas Schäfer wrote:

> > Maybe somebody sees the difference in what mm does different at the
> > beginning
> > compared to the dlink-dialer.
> >
> > The "SIM missing" -problem should be solved independent of the
> > ppp/mbim-mode.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that maybe the device wants the radio
> to be enabled before it'll talk to the SIM?  There are subscriber-
> status indications in the pcap, and they are 0 (initializing) and 1
> (initialized) but those only come after the RADIO_STATE->on request.
>  Could you try turning on the radio state with "mbimcli -p" and then
> request the subscriber status and see what you get?
>
> Dan

That was the point:

mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-radio-state
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Radio state retrieved:
             Hardware Radio State: 'on'
             Software Radio State: 'off'
mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --set-radio-state=on
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Radio state retrieved:
             Hardware Radio State: 'on'
             Software Radio State: 'on'
mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-radio-state
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Radio state retrieved:
             Hardware Radio State: 'on'
             Software Radio State: 'on'

After restarting the ModemManger, the sim-missing-problem disappeared.

In serial/ppp-mode the modem works now. The mbim-mode has still problems.

I attached the usb-trace unter linux while trying to ping 8.8.8.8 in mbim-
mode.

Regards,
Thomas