ModemManager using QMI doesnt always work in the first attemp.

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Jan 18 07:49:05 PST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 4:39 PM, José <Joseddg92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to know when is late enough to issue the connect
> request? Im trying to get an embedded system connected to cellular
> network on boot, so the commands are getting issued as soon as
> ModemManager detects the modem.

In theory the Simple.Connect() command can be issued as soon as you
want; that command will enable, request auto register, wait for the
registration, and once registered get the modem connected. But, maybe
the modem is reporting being registered even if it internally needs
some more time? Just guessing here really. Maybe you can watch the
registration details and once it gets operator ID and name, launch the
connection? Your debug logs showed that the modem was getting into a
"limited" registration state, that could be problematic itself for the
connection.

> Also, you said this could be due to the SIM reading errors that appear
> early in the log. I am only having problems with the Telit LE910-EUG
> modem, which does not read my Movistar nor the Yoigo SIM, and reads
> the Vodafone SIM with those errors. Do you know if there could be any
> differences between these SIMs that could explain that? Also, do you
> know if there is any limitations to which SIMs can a modem read?
> (because I am using those SIM cards with other modems with no problem)

Oh, that I don't know. Are they all USIMs? Is there any error reported
by the modem when the Movistar or Yoigo SIMs are used?