ModemManager using QMI doesnt always work in the first attemp.

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 09:04:48 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-18 at 16:55 +0100, José  wrote:
> I was not sure what caused the 'limited' registration state... I am
> going to check if there is any firmware updates available and try
> that.
>
> They all are nanoSIM. Not sure if there is any errors when using
> Movistar and Yoigo SIMs, I will try it out and check the logs as soon
> as I can.

Yes, some SIMs cannot be read by some modems.

For example, there is a bug in older Icera-based modems (Nokia 21M-02,
Samsung Y3300 and Y3400, T-Mobile Rocket 2, Option GIO-322) that
refuses to read T-Mobile USA SIMs that have Isis/Softcard mobile wallet
capabilities.  Other, non-Isis-branded T-Mobile USA SIMs do not have
this problem.  These Icera devices will never receive a firmware update
to fix the problem, so they will remain incompatible forever.

For the Telit device, your only recourse would be to ask Telit if it is
a known bug, and request an updated firmware to fix the issue.  Or use
a different SIM :(

Dan