mm_iface_modem_is_cdma_only

matthew stanger stangerm2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:11:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

I was just finishing up a patch for swwan support in the Cinterion plugin.
During my testing I noticed that with the PLS8-X & no SIM card inserted
mmcli gives a timeout error instead of a no-sim error. I traced it back to
'mm-inface-modem.c' where there is a bitwise operation:
return !((MM_MODEM_CAPABILITY_CDMA_EVDO ^ capabilities) & capabilities);
--> 1^0=1 & 0 = !0=1
Which defaults a modem that fails to load capabilities as a cdma modem. Is
there something I'm missing or just a bug? If it looks like just a bug let
me know and I'll include a fix in the patch I'll be submitting shortly.

Thanks,
Matt