Sierra Wireless EM8805 (UMTS-module, fujitsu notebook)

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sat Jul 23 18:39:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have had a chance to test the built in EM8805.

At first I tried windows (it was already installed) to be sure the device
works and to have an idea about the configuration. Unfortunately I have only
pictures of it.

http://www.thomas--schaefer.de/windows-em8805.tgz

After that I tried to run linux with a live cd from tumbleweed (opensuse).

It did not work. The logfiles are attached.

The Modemmanager was not the newest. But maybe some one recognizes the problem
or says the problem is already solved in version 1.6.

It seems to me that this modem is a mbim / qmi combination.

Regards,

Thomas