Sierra Wireless EM7455

Ralph Plawetzki ralph at purejava.org
Sun Jun 5 13:49:36 UTC 2016

Am 03.06.2016 um 21:54 schrieb Dan Williams:
> That said, if you can flip the device to QMI mode or use QMI-over-MBIM
> you might be able to change the mode that way.  ISTR there's a way to
> flip the device to QMI mode too, and I'd be curious if QMI works where
> MBIM doesn't.

I'll test it when the device will be back in my reach at Monday evening.

The modem is run on Arch linux and libqmi and libmbim are compiled from
the qmi-over-mbim branches so as far as I understand it the modem is
already run in QMI-over-MBIM mode. At least issueing the
dms-set-fcc-authentication command with qmicli works:

[ralph at six ~]$ sudo qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-mbim
--dms-set-fcc-authentication
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully set FCC authentication

Is there another command to flip the device to QMI mode?
After this is done, how would I change the preferred-mode to 3g then?

Thanks,