Sierra Wireless EM7455

Ralph Plawetzki ralph at purejava.org
Thu Jun 9 16:15:40 UTC 2016

Am 09.06.2016 um 18:03 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 12:27 AM, Ralph Plawetzki <ralph at purejava.org> wrote:
> This is interesting then; the modem does get online (as opposed to the
> QMI modems, which fail to set the full-power mode), and it even gets
> an IP assigned, but then no traffic flows through the interface?

Well it gets an IP like '100.75.187.228' e.g. AFAIK this is for private
networks. ModemManager gui shows some packets, but I connot use the
internet with that IP.

> The work I've been doing in the qmi-over-mbim branch from ModemManager
> would not work if this is the case, as it assumed that for MBIM modems
> the failure would be when getting online.

Maybe it works for all other people that have trouble gut the modem online.
I compiled the lastest branches of ModemManager, libqmi and libmbim
yesterday and could get the modem online with NetworkManager, without
issueing FCC auth before manually and got the 100 IP again.

Kind regards,
Ralph