Sierra Wireless EM7455

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Jun 9 18:43:16 UTC 2016

Ralph Plawetzki <ralph at purejava.org> writes:
> Am 09.06.2016 um 18:03 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 12:27 AM, Ralph Plawetzki <ralph at purejava.org> wrote:
>> This is interesting then; the modem does get online (as opposed to the
>> QMI modems, which fail to set the full-power mode), and it even gets
>> an IP assigned, but then no traffic flows through the interface?
>
> Well it gets an IP like '100.75.187.228' e.g. AFAIK this is for private
> networks. ModemManager gui shows some packets, but I connot use the
> internet with that IP.

That should work, but with NAT in your ISPs network.  The address is
part of the "Shared Address Space" for carrier grade NAT.  See
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6598

If it doesn't work for you then there is something else wrong.  Your
operator has assigned that address to your link, so we must assume it is
intended to work.  But maybe not for Internet?  Are there other APNs you
can use?  Can you verify that the APN you are using works (for Internet
access) on e.g. a phone?

Bjørn