MC7455 not working

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Jun 17 12:44:43 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Thomas Lang <thomas.lang at tactilo.eu> wrote:
> I have been following the discussion on the mail-list. I’m trying to get
> network-manager working with a MC7455. I upgraded the kernel to 4.6.2. I
> updated the libqmi (1.14.2), MomdemManager (1.5.992) and NetworkManager
> (1.2.0) to the latest versions. The modemmanager can use the qmi interface.
> I can connect with the mmcli to the network. I can receive an ip address
> with udhcpc -I command. The problem I still have I can’t get the
> Network-Manager to start the connection. I have read the mail below that
> states the NetworkManager will config the connection for you. It seems that
> the dhcp set-up from the NetworkManager fails, see trace below. Now my
> question what can I do to get the network-manager to set-up the connection.

That is strange; for the MC7455, when using raw-ip, we are defaulting
to static IP setup, not DHCP, so NM shouldn't even try DHCP. Can you
get us the output of the bearer info generated during the connection
request? (something like "mmcli -b 0", or some other index).

Anyway, it would also be good to get MM/NM debug logs, see:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/