Setting up a data connection mmcli with PLS8-X

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Jun 15 02:34:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 5:29 PM, matthew stanger <stangerm2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the first (ttyACM) which seems like the default supported route. When I
> attach the modem via USB to linux it loads cdc_acm & cdc_ether drivers. I
> get /dev/ttyACM* devices and can queue modem info without issue via 'mmcli
> -m 0'. I then try to do 'mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect="apn=broadband"'
> (correct apn for AT&T) which works and --simple-status shows connected. This
> is as far as I get. Running udhcpc -i usb0 fails to get an ip address and
> I'm not really sure why.

Show the bearer info created while connected with "mmcli -b 0"; you'll
likely see that it says "ppp" as method to use and a TTY; that means
that you got the modem connected in TTY+PPP mode and you need to run
pppd on the connected TTY. There's no support currently in MM for the
etherdevice exposed by this modem.