MC7455 not working

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Mar 28 17:00:03 UTC 2016

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Steven Pease <spease at suitabletech.com> wrote:
>
>> I could not get a dhcp client to work, but manually setting an address with
>> "ip addr" and doing a ping through the interface with "ping -i wwp0s29f7u5i8
>> 8.8.8.8" did yield results. Is this the correct behavior?
>>

> Not all DHCP clients work with the raw-ip interfaces. IIIRC the
> openwrt dhcp client does work.

Almost correct :)

The Busybox udhcpc works fine with raw-ip interfaces. OpenWRT uses it,
but it isn't OpenWRT specific.  It is packaged in Debian too for
example, and works equally well there.

That's DHCP.  When it comes to DHCPv6, OpenWRT has their own "odhcp6c"
which also works fine with raw-ip interfaces.  Which is nice for the
MC7455 as it supports stateless DHCPv6. But I don't think odhcp6c is
packaged for many non-embedded distros.  Yet...  It will soon be in
Debian: http://bugs.debian.org/812373

Bjørn