Could not get unlock retries soon after SIM unlock

Carlo Lobrano c.lobrano at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:21:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

I observed a problem in getting the number of unlock retries of some
SIMs soon after the unlock (the SIM in not completely ready I assume)
and I saw that some plug-ins inserted a little delay in
modem_after_sim_unlock to cope with it, but that wouldn't have any
effect in my case.

I could delay directly the AT command I use (+CPIN), but that would be
done every time, not only when the SIM is just unlocked, so I was
wondering why in mm-iface-modem.c:update_lock_info_context_step
function the state machine processes load_unlock_retries before
modem_after_sim_unlock. Is there any known issue in executing
after_sim_unlock step before load_unlock_retries?

Best regards,
Carlo