Huawei 3372H clone (Megafon M150-2) in NCM mode?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri May 27 16:42:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-05-27 at 12:47 +0200, Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 Huawei 3372H clone (Megafon M150-2) which I want to switch
> NCM mode, any idea if that requires reflashing of the firmware?
>
> I found some instructions to reflash the device under Windows7:
>
> http://blog.asiantuntijakaveri.fi/2015/07/convert-huawei-e3372h-153-f
> rom.html
>
> But this does not work for me.
>
> Any idea how to reflash under linux? where to find the firmware?

Both great questions, and I don't think there's an answer for Linux.
 Also be wary of random firmware, I've had devices re-locked to a
specific operator after flashing them.

You might be able to try different usb_modeswitch magic since that
flips some devices to different modes, or you might be able to use
AT^U2DIAG to do the switch too.  But be careful with U2DIAG since it
has the possibility to brick the device.

Dan