Fwd: Cinterion plugin patch

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Nov 25 09:13:08 UTC 2016

Hey Reinhard & Matthew,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Reinhard Speyerer <rspmn at arcor.de> wrote:
> this documentation seems to refer to PLS8-E with firmware 01.x and
> USB ID 1e2d:0060 where the serial ports were handled by the option
> driver and which had one QMI-based network interface. With PLS8-E
> firmware 02.x and 03.x Gemalto switched them to USB ID 1e2d:0061 and
> now uses CDC ACM for the serial ports and provides two CDC ECM-based
> network interfaces.

Ah, understood. I probably have at home the 01.x version which is the
one I tested QMI with. Are there steps somewhere on how to upgrade a
PLS8 to a newer firmware?

> As can be seen from
> https://developer.gemalto.com/threads/module-pls8-x-unable-switch-modem-mode-atsqport
> firmware 02.x and 03.x now also provide a possibility to select several
> port mappings ("service sets") for the serial ports.

Matthew, what's the output of AT^SSRVSET="current" in your setup?

> One further difference I noticed is that USSD responses for AT+CSCS="GSM"
> contain a non-standard \xx escaping for non-printable characters (unless
> I missed some recent TS 27.007 changes).
>
> PLS8-E REVISION 01.090:
> +CUSD: 1,"Hauptmen~:
> 1 Guthabenkonto
> 2 Guthaben Verf~gbarkeit
> 3 Gutschein einl|sen
> 4 Pack Manager
> 7 Tarifinfo
> 8 Hilfe",15
>
> PLS8-E REVISION 02.011:
> +CUSD: 1,"Hauptmen~:\0A1 Guthabenkonto\0A2 Guthaben Verf~gbarkeit\0A3 Gutschein einl|sen\0A4 Pack Manager\0A7 Tarifinfo\0A8 Hilfe",15

Any idea if this has any impact on how ModemManager handles USSD in
this device? Or is this only an issue to the consumer of the USSD