Fwd: Cinterion plugin patch

Andrew Bird ajb at spheresystems.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 09:55:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:13:08 +0100
Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

> Hey Reinhard & Matthew,

<snip>

> > One further difference I noticed is that USSD responses for AT+CSCS="GSM"
> > contain a non-standard \xx escaping for non-printable characters (unless
> > I missed some recent TS 27.007 changes).
> >
> > PLS8-E REVISION 01.090:
> > +CUSD: 1,"Hauptmen~:
> > 1 Guthabenkonto
> > 2 Guthaben Verf~gbarkeit
> > 3 Gutschein einl|sen
> > 4 Pack Manager
> > 7 Tarifinfo
> > 8 Hilfe",15
> >
> > PLS8-E REVISION 02.011:
> > +CUSD: 1,"Hauptmen~:\0A1 Guthabenkonto\0A2 Guthaben Verf~gbarkeit\0A3 Gutschein einl|sen\0A4 Pack Manager\0A7 Tarifinfo\0A8 Hilfe",15
>
> Any idea if this has any impact on how ModemManager handles USSD in
> this device? Or is this only an issue to the consumer of the USSD

What I think curious is that 0x0a is a valid GSM0338 character and should have been interpreted as linefeed

ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ETSI/GSM0338.TXT

Were both modem sessions captured on the same system, as I'm just wondering if what you are seeing is an artifact of the terminal?

--
Andrew Bird <ajb at spheresystems.co.uk>