Fwd: Cinterion plugin patch

matthew stanger stangerm2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 18:34:03 UTC 2016

> Ah, understood. I probably have at home the 01.x version which is the
> one I tested QMI with. Are there steps somewhere on how to upgrade a
> PLS8 to a newer firmware?

Yes the 1.x vs. 2.x & 3.x are very different and further it seems Cinterion
is going to drop QMI from all their new modems across the board :o for the
new SWWAN setup. I have their windows tool to update the demo boards
firmware but I believe it's usage is under NDA. I'd be glad to loop you
into our contacts and see if we can't get you the full package, new
modems/firmware/AT docs. If you are fine with me cc'ing you in some emails
to them I'll do that when I get back to work on Monday.

Matthew, what's the output of AT^SSRVSET="current" in your setup?

^SSRVSET: "usbcomp","0061","","1E2D","0061","Cinterion","LTE Modem",""
^SSRVSET: "srvmap","MDM","USB0","MUX0"
^SSRVSET: "srvmap","APP","USB1","MUX1"
^SSRVSET: "srvmap","NMEA","USB2","MUX2"

For the sake of completeness the intended patch is attached. I stressed
over attaching the right one adding and removing it a few times only to
mess it up in the paranoia, still upset at myself about that. I'll start
testing the feature branch you pushed with the patches and provide feedback
shortly.