Modem Status State vs. Bearer Status Connected

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 19:59:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-09-08 at 11:27 -0600, matthew stanger wrote:
> I'm trying to understand the difference of what these properties tell
> the
> user? I want to make sure I don't update the status of one in the
> wrong way
> because of my interpretation.

If there's at least one bearer that's connected, then the modem state
should also be connected...  but I think the core should handle this
for you; I don't think there's any reason a plugin should have to
update the modem state itself, either via mm_iface_modem_update_state()
or mm_iface_modem_update_subsystem_state().

In what cases does it seem a state update is needed?

Dan