cinterion: modification to fetching unlock retries

Colin Helliwell colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com
Tue Apr 18 14:38:46 UTC 2017

> On 18 April 2017 at 14:11 Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Colin Helliwell
>
> <colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com> wrote:
>
> > > Colin; does your modem accept +CSIM=1 / +CSIM=0 to lock/unlock the
> > > CSIM access? It's optional in the Telit plugin, but may be worth
> > > knowing what happens in the Cinterion modem.
> >
> > It would appear not: the docs [BGS2 & EHS5] define +CSIM as always requiring two parameters (length,command).
> > I tried the rest of the Telit +CSIM's and they can sometimes work without any other. Albeit with some other quirks as to which work on which modem and when.... not yet had a chance to fully capture all the behaviour on both modems; but they don't seem to need unlock/lock.
>
> What kind of error do they return? Would the error be the same one as
> the one in the Telit plugin that ends up flagging
> FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED?

EHS5:
Without SIM PIN - returns "ERROR" prior to --enable; returns "+CME ERROR: 4" after --enable
With SIM PIN - returns "ERROR" prior to --enable/--pin [can't enable without PIN]; then returns "ERROR" after --pin, and then "+CME ERROR: 4" after also --enable.

BGS2: returns "+CME ERROR: 100" in all the above cases