Hi, I'm a software eg from china, I have some issue when i compile modem manager. Can you tell me how to fix this issue.

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Apr 25 07:59:50 UTC 2017

Hey,

On 25/04/17 08:30, fibocom (liuqf) wrote:
> When i excute " ./configure --prefix=/home/ght/Downloads/ModemManager-1.4.12/LIU --without-qmi" command, if will report below error:
>
> But I had install libmbim-glib in the desktop. i seems that i can not find that.

A more descriptive email subject would have helped, something like
"cannot compile ModemManager with libmbim-glib".

Also, please, please, don't include the actual error message you're
getting in an attached image (!!), it doesn't make any sense, and it
won't help people in the future if they're googling for the same issue
you're having, as they won't find the solution in this email. For
reference, this is the message that is being generated during configure:

"configure: error: Couldn't find libmbim-glib. Install it, or otherwise
configure using --without-mbim to disable MBIM support."

Your issue is that you have installed libmbim-glib (the package with the
library) but you don't have installed the "devel" libmbim-package (the
package with the headers and the pkg-config files). The name of the
"devel" package depends on your distribution, but it may be something
like libmbim-glib-dev or libmbim-glib-devel. You'll have to look for the
correct package name yourself in your distribution and install it.

Cheers!