band specification in /etc/config/network

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Feb 5 20:08:29 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 8:56 PM,  <mark.wahlert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can the desired band to be used be specified in /etc/config/network on
> OpenWrt (LEDE) build of ModemManager?
>
> I'd like to lock the system to band 41.

Not yet, no. The only non-connection related extra setting I added in
the MM support for now was the "option lowpower '1'" setting to
automatically go into low-power mode (RF off) when the interface is
set as down in netifd.

Adding support for band preferences wouldn't be difficult, though, it
would just involve calling --set-current-bands=[BAND1|BAND2...] before
the modem connection is launched. Same idea for selecting preferred
modes (e.g. 4G-only).

Patches welcome :)