Leveraging GPS in MC7700

Adam Sherman adam at sherman.ca
Mon Feb 6 02:30:20 UTC 2017

I have a Sierra Wireless MC7700 in my Thinkpad X230 which I would like
to use to provide location data to the rest of the system.

mmcli 1.6.4
qmicli 1.17.900

Seems like ModemManager can successfully get a location, according to
the output of --location-get.

How, how do I get this data into, say, gpsd[1]?

  -------------------------
  System   |         device: '/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-4'
           |        drivers: 'qmi_wwan, qcserial'
           |         plugin: 'Generic'
           |   primary port: 'cdc-wdm0'
           |          ports: 'ttyUSB0 (qcdm), ttyUSB2 (at), cdc-wdm0
(qmi), wwp0s20u4i8 (net)'

My device doesn't seem to be showing a ttyUSBn for GPS data.

Thanks for your help,

A.

--
Adam Sherman <adam at sherman.ca>