Leveraging GPS in MC7700

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Feb 6 09:15:30 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 4:32 AM, matthew stanger <stangerm2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you see more than the 3gpp option then you should be able to run 'sudo
> mmcli -m 0 --location-enable-gps-raw'. This will setup the GPS but keep MM
> from grabbing the GPS stream.

That is not right. With GPS we have 3 sources that you can enable/disable:
  * nmea: MM caches and exposes the NMEA traces received.
  * raw: MM  processes the NMEA traces received and exposes lat/long/alt values.
  * unmanaged: MM just enables/disables GPS, and you're in charge of
reading the NMEA flow from the TTY.

So in order to use gpsd with the NMEA tty you would need
--location-enable-gps-unmanaged.