How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Russ Westrem lspwaterproofing at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:02:33 UTC 2017

I asked this in someone else's e-mail but maybe i should have made my own
so here it is.
My goal is to issue an ifup broadband in LEDE whenever this line is logged
from modemmanager.

daemon.info [1035]: <info>  Modem /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0:
state changed (connected -> registered)

My problem is when my band changes or i change cell towers or i drop the
signal for a split second the modem will re-register with modemmanager with
a new public IP and the only way to bring it back is with an "ifup
broadband"

Does anyone know the most efficient way to issue ifup broadband when that
log entry is logged?