How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Feb 10 20:07:05 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Russ Westrem
<lspwaterproofing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok.  So it seems I may have spoken a little too soon on the powered usb hub
> working.  Here is something I have noticed.
>
> It works for hours and hours at a time on bearer 0. Once an ifup is issued
> to fix a downed connection the bearer changes to 1 then 2 and so on.  On
> these other bearers the disconects happen after a few minutes consistently.

The bearer number shouldn't be an issue; the netifd protocol handler
does remove all bearers before relaunching a new connection each time
(not sure why I did it that way, though).

Do you have by any chance the "lowpower" setting in the interface set
to 1? Or is that unset?