How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Feb 19 15:01:07 UTC 2017

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Russ Westrem
<lspwaterproofing at gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont have 3g on this plan.  Its a LTE only plan.  Im starting to think
> this is the cause of the problems.  It sounds like its trying to register me
> on 3GPP which I dont have.

3GPP is the family of protocols that include GSM, GPRS, UMTS, WCDMA
and LTE (so you do have 3GPP :)). You're still getting
"gsm-wcdma-regular-deactivation" reported, and from what I can tell
that is the standard error you get when a IMSI detach happens. Don't
think there is much more info on those logs than what we already saw
in MBIM.

Are you connecting to the same type of USB port in both the Ubuntu
system and the LEDE system? ie. both USB2? or both USB3? if they are
different, which one is which?