MC7455 sporadically wrong primary port

Karoly Pados kp at tec4data.at
Tue Jul 4 13:36:15 UTC 2017

Hello,

Sometimes MM picks the wrong primary port. What I observed is that everything works if it picks cdc-wdm0. But pretty often it picks cdc-wdm1, in which case NetworkManager is unable to establish a data connection. Sometimes, much more rarely, it even picks ttyUSB0, and NM is then also unable to do anything useful with the modem.

Now I'm not 100% sure that this is the cause for our problems, so my first question: Is it plausible at all that anything other than cdc-wdm0 as a primary port is a problem?

If so:
- What can I provide to help solve this in code?
- Is there a way around it? (for example, a way to force MM to pick a specific port as primary?)

Thank you,
Karoly