MC7455 sporadically wrong primary port

Carlo Lobrano c.lobrano at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 14:54:51 UTC 2017

Hi Karoly,

which modem are you using?

cdc-wdmX and tty ports are used for totally different communication
protocols. Like, if you're modem supports QMI or MBIM, it's ok to use
cdc-wdmX, otherwise is ok to use tty. Also consider that is up to the
kernel to assign the number at the end of cdc-wdmX and that number depends
on which other hardware is connected to USBs.
i.e. when I have my usb earphones connected, the kernel assigns cdc-wdm1 to
the modem instead of cdc-wdm0.

Carlo