Huawei ME906s-158 (a.k.a. HP lt4132) IPv6 support

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Jul 6 08:55:49 UTC 2017

Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> writes:

> After switching it to configuration #3 (MBIM) everything Just Worked
> without any further tinkering. I see the blog post author went for
> configuration #1 instead, and that looks more cumbersome pull off.
> Maybe it has any distinct advantage over MBIM mode he needed, I don't
> know.

Having access to the full power of QMI is an advantage if you want to do
"advanced" stuff like cell monitoring etc. But if you can run QMI over
MBIM, and then there is absolutely no reason to use the more cumbersome
configuration.  MBIM is also the safer choice based on what most users
(Windows) will use.

Do you see 'qmi' in the MBIM service list?:

root at miraculix:/tmp# mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-device-services
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Device services retrieved:
..

                          Service: 'qmi'
                             UUID: [d1a30bc2-f97a-6e43-bf65-c7e24fb0f0d3]:
                      DSS payload: 0
                Max DSS instances: 0
                             CIDs: msg (1)

Bjørn