problem with dell latitude

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Jul 18 12:16:20 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Bartłomiej Knabel
<bartlomiej.knabel at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this a custom system? Looks like ModemManager isn't built with QMI
>> and/or with an old libqmi not supporting QMI over MBIM. Which libqmi
>> and libmbim versions are being used?
>>
>> Once the initial failure happens during the Set Radio State command,
>> we should have been trying the "QMI FCC auth" sequence with QMI over
>> MBIM, but I don't see that in the logs.
>>

> I've used following libraries:
>
> https://freedesktop.org/software/libqmi/libqmi-1.18.0.tar.xz
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libmbim/libmbim-1.14.0.tar.xz
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/ModemManager-1.6.8.tar.xz
>
> on all of them I've run:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make
> make install
>
> maybe here is something wrong?

In which order did you built and install them? The order should be:
libmbim, libqmi, MM. This is so that libqmi is built with QMI over
MBIM support. You can run this to check whether that part is ok or
not:

$ cat /usr/include/libqmi-glib/qmi-version.h  | grep "define
QMI_MBIM_QMUX_SUPPORTED"
#define QMI_MBIM_QMUX_SUPPORTED 1