ModemManager with Sierra EM7305 and GPS

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 15:11:15 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-06-12 at 22:03 +0000, Petr Kloc wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> Thank you for the link. It allowed me to activate the NMEA port and
> to use my GPS capability. However I still need to find a way to
> activate the modem at the same time.
>

> My device is Toshiba Z20T-C. I use the udev rules from https://wiki.a
> rchlinux.org/index.php/Toshiba_Portege_Z20t to switch the device
> configuration and to force-load the modules. Unfortunately I end up
> with either qcserial or qmi_wwan grabbing all the interfaces
> depending on the order specified in the .rules file. I have a feeling
> that is the root of the problem. Do you know, if qmi_wwan require AT
> command port to be accessible at the same time?

Those directions are somewhat suspect, but necessary as qmi_wwan
doesn't have the right IDs for that device yet.

Can you remove the udev rules, reboot, then as root:

1) lsusb -v -d 1199:9063
2) cd -P /sys/class/usbmisc/cdc-wdm0/device/driver/*-*.*/../
3) echo "1" > bConfigurationValue
4) wait about 20 - 30 seconds for it to come back
5) lsusb -v -d 1199:9063

and we'll see what *should* really be happening, and then add the
device IDs to the right kernel drivers.

Thanks!
Dan