ModemManager with Sierra EM7305 and GPS

Petr Kloc petr_kloc at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 11:17:24 UTC 2017

Hi Dan

My suspicion regarding incorrect device grabbing by modules proved correct. Neither qcserial, nor qmi_wwan had my device (Vendor=0x1199, Product=0x9063) in its internal list. I did modify both  drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c  and  drivers/usb/serial/qcserial.c in my kernel source tree to include such device.  Both GPS and modem now works flawlessly in the configuration #1  and I have configuration #2 (MBIM) available for backup.

It might be useful to notify the qcserial and qmi_wwan upstream maintainers (Greg Kroah-Hartman  and  Bjorn Mork ?).

Regards
Petr Kloc