How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Russ Westrem lspwaterproofing at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 21:13:59 UTC 2017

Ok.  So I moved to a router with an onboard
pci-e to eliminate any problems with usb cables.  The issue of disconects
are still there using qmi or mbim.  This is only a 4.4 kernel lede build so
qmi is a ppp connection.  I am getting a strange error though in ppp that
might help explain some things.   I kept getting the error that
modemmanager could not access the at port to see if there was an active
connection. It kept doing this until it finally disconnected the bearer
even though I had internet conection.

Could this be the same issue while using qmi and mbim?  That modem manager
can't see that the connection is there?