How to issue an "ifup broadband" when this is logged

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Mar 6 23:35:30 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Russ Westrem
<lspwaterproofing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok.  So I moved to a router with an onboard
> pci-e to eliminate any problems with usb cables.  The issue of disconects
> are still there using qmi or mbim.  This is only a 4.4 kernel lede build so
> qmi is a ppp connection.  I am getting a strange error though in ppp that
> might help explain some things.   I kept getting the error that modemmanager
> could not access the at port to see if there was an active connection. It
> kept doing this until it finally disconnected the bearer even though I had
> internet conection.
>
> Could this be the same issue while using qmi and mbim?  That modem manager
> can't see that the connection is there?

Nah; this was just probably because you only had one TTY doing AT,
which is the one that got in connected state for PPP, and therefore
during the PPP connection MM tried to send some AT commands and
couldn't because no AT-capable TTY was left. Totally unrelated I'd
say; and we should silence those periodic messages that try to check
if connection is up or not when no unused AT-capable TTYs are
available.

Did you end up trying with uqmi/umbim, any difference?