ModemManager and ppp

Tom Hayward tom at harbortronics.com
Fri Mar 10 18:25:19 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Tom Hayward <tom at harbortronics.com> wrote:
> It sounds like I could improve my process by ditching the chatscript,
> using --simple-connect, then adding a new utility to communicate with
> the bearer and launch the appropriate type of interface (pppd, dhcp
> client, or static). Can you point to some example code that shows how
> to get this information from the bearer object?

I think I've found the relevant interfaces:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/libmm-glib/latest/MMBearer.html#mm-bearer-get-ipv4-config
MMBearerIpConfig *
mm_bearer_get_ipv4_config (MMBearer *self);

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/libmm-glib/latest/MMBearerIpConfig.html#mm-bearer-ip-config-get-method
MMBearerIpMethod
mm_bearer_ip_config_get_method (MMBearerIpConfig *self);

Where do I get the MMBearer object?

Tom