ModemManager will not start on raspberry pi jessie lite

marcel mahik18 at gmx.de
Wed May 17 06:49:11 UTC 2017

I am able to run them, but can I check somehow if the Modem Manager is
running after that? As I still get the same warning from running

     $ sudo ModemManager

as before

but something did actually change, I just ran

      $ sudo mmcli -m 0
--simple-connect=apn=m2mdetrial.telefonica.com|operator-id=26203

and before, it just said command not found, but now i got:

     error: couldn't connect the modem:
'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Failed: PolicyKit
authorization failed:
'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files''

and I just searched for an occurence of 'PolicyKit1' as part of any file
name, and it didn't find any :/
But the Modem Manager might be running now, so thank you very much :)