MC/EM7455

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sat Oct 7 21:02:54 UTC 2017

Am Samstag, 7. Oktober 2017, 14:08:20 CEST schrieb Bjørn Mork:
> Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer at t-online.de> writes:
> > Hi,
... qmi --> mbim

> > So I would recommend to give the firmware update a chance.
>
> Did the USB composition really change with the firmware upgrade?  That's
> unexpected.  I have never seen that happen before.  Sure you didn't run
> anything else (like Windows) which could change this setting without
> asking?

May be.
I did the firmware update with a windows 10 computer.
Also,  I test the devices with Windows 10 since Windows 10 has a very improved
management of the mobile modules compared with its predecessors, especially
regarding IPv6.

I don't know what windows and its drivers do, but the change is permanent.
I noticed the change only after the firmware udpate.

The same thing happened to the mc7304
with SWI9X15C_05.05.02.00 r19147 I had a lot of (qmi) trouble.
with SWI9X15C_05.05.67.00 r31378 it speaks mbim wihout problems.

But MC7304 is near the end of life and after reading the mailing lists in last
weeks - the MC7455 seems to be quit common.

I use the modules with an minipce-to-usb-adapter, so the devices are without
power after every test I do.

Regards,
Thomas