MC/EM7455

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Oct 7 21:44:22 UTC 2017

Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer at t-online.de> writes:

> I did the firmware update with a windows 10 computer.
> Also,  I test the devices with Windows 10 since Windows 10 has a very improved
> management of the mobile modules compared with its predecessors, especially
> regarding IPv6.

Ah, OK, I guess that explains it.  The Windows drivers will change the
mode to MBIM by default.

> I don't know what windows and its drivers do, but the change is permanent.

Yes, sure.  The setting is saved in nvram, so it is permanent.  But it
is also permanent over firmware upgrades.

You can always change it yourself by using the AT1USBCOMP or
AT!UDUSBCOMP commands, depending on model.

Bjørn