a little bit off topic: question regarding IPv6 (in Germany)

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sat Oct 7 21:31:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

since changing the context (ipv4, ipv4v6, ipv6) is often not trivial I would
need a second opinion / report.

I noticed that one of my smartphones accepts the apn-type/context IPv6 (only),
instead of ipv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
IPv4 is not new of course, IPv4/IPv6 works for two years with exact that
effect that you get private IPv4 and IPv6.

This weekend I checked IPv6, and it is no longer denied. I get a complete
IPv6-configuration and exact IPv6-only (without tricks like DNS64/NAT64).

Can anybody confirm this behavior ?

A second question (also only Germany, sorry for that on a international list).
Vodafone allows here a setting of IPv4/IPv6 but you get only IPv4.

Can anybody confirm this behavior ?

Thank you!

Regards,
Thomas