Aw: Re: trying to connect to different operators using --3gpp-register-in-operator

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Oct 23 15:19:46 UTC 2017

Hey,

> Thanks for the answer!
>
> So short answers first:
>
> Yes I do explicitly disconnect before registering in to the next one and
> that does always succeed in my case.

Ok, so that makes some sense. You're therefore saying that if you're
connected and you issue a 3GPP Scan(), the modem is not being
disconnected properly and reconnected to the new operator?

> I just didn't want to throw a complete log at you, but if it could help you,
> I'll just attach the log from those warnings to this mail now.

I see that NDISDUP is being used, so you're not doing PPP, you're
really using the network interface, which is good.

> And finally the output of lsusb -v -d vid:pid:

I sent a patch to the LKML to flag this device as WWAN explicitly.