[review] https://github.com/cbchan/ModemManager/tree/sim-mbim-unlock-retries

Ben Chan benchan at chromium.org
Mon Sep 18 09:46:33 UTC 2017

Hi Dan and Aleksander,

I overlooked one thing when I revised the patches based on Dan's
suggestion,  and also missed that in my testing :-(

MMSimMbim:update_modem_unlock_retries() calls
mm_iface_modem_update_unlock_retries() to report remaining attempts
PIN1.  That won't affect MMBroadbandModemMbimPriv::sim_pin_retries. My
original approach was to handle all MMUnlockRetries updates via
MMIfaceModem.

If we prefer caching PIN1 retries in MMBroadbandModemMbim,
MMBroadbandModemMbim needs to provide a method (e.g.
mm_broadband_modem_mbm_set_sim_pin_retries) for MMSimMbim to propagate
the information.  Would you prefer that or should I go back to my
original approach?

Thanks,
Ben